We are currently in unprecedented times, however we would like to assure you that the safety of our customer, clients, staff, contractors and our communities is paramount. On a daily basis we are monitoring the situation to protect everyone during this difficult period.
We remain open and are operating our business as normally as possible. We continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation carefully and follow government and health authority advice.
In response to this advice, we have put in place a series of measures to protect the service we provide and can assure you of the following:
- We have taken steps to ensure our departments and Property Management continue to work well with a growing number of staff able to work securely from home.
- We will continue to offer practical advice to ensure your interests are protected in this rapidly changing environment.
- Inevitably, we are making greater use of phone and online communications as a way of keeping in touch with our customers to ensure we are available to help and support you. Being part of an estate agency network means we have the capacity to work from multiple locations and remotely to maintain our service to customers and our website is accessible 24-7.
Following the recent government guidance, we are taking steps within our agency to reduce the risk of Coronavirus (Covid-19) for our staff, tenants, applicants, landlords and contractors.
We are putting the following temporary measures in place to ensure the risk is reduced
- Any scheduled routine inspections will be postponed and rebooked at a later date.
- Our contractors will only be attending emergency maintenance issues, such as leaks, loss of heating and/or hot water, loss of sanitary facilities and in cases where the security of the property is compromised. We will also attend urgent maintenance such as broken fridge/freezers and washing machines. All other non-urgent maintenance will be dealt with and attended to once we receive further government information.
- Before we can book on the repair, tenants will need confirm whether or not the following applies:
- If either you, a member of your household are self- isolating due to symptoms, or have tested positive for the Coronavirus, then we would ask that you formally notify us, preferably by email to or telephone:
Telephone: 0121 315 3775
Telephone: 0121 471 1105
- Following such a notification we will take the appropriate guidance as the necessary next steps that should be taken to continue with the repair based on government guidance.
- In respect of day to day matters during the outbreak, such as rent payments, reporting of repairs, please continue to contact us via usual methods, and although it may take slightly longer to respond to you, or arrange works that may be necessary, we will endeavor to deal with all the enquires in a timely matter.
- In the event of self-isolation due to showing symptoms of coronavirus, and loss of pay, please ensure you contact us immediately if your rent payment is likely to be affected. Please find link to Government website for more useful information https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
- As above, only emergency and urgent maintenance issues will be carried out on your property. As per our usual practice, you will be informed in such circumstances
- There will be no scheduled inspections taking place, we will reschedule these as soon as we receive further government information
- In the event a tenant cannot pay rent due to self-isolation and loss of pay, we ask them to contact us as soon as possible to discuss this. Please ensure you have all the updated information from the Government about Coronavirus, renting, mortgages etc, see link below: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- If you enquire about one of your vacant properties, in the first instance you will be offered a skype/WhatsApp Videocall viewing.
- In the event where an in-person viewing is required, you will be asked on your initial call if you have been out of the country in the past 2 weeks, or if you have been in contact with anyone who is showing symptoms of coronavirus. We ask that you are honest, as this is to protect both you and our agents.
- Please do not be offended if the agent does not greet you with a handshake, or applies hand sanitizer prior to or after your viewing, again this is to protect both you and them.
Please ensure you are washing hands regularly and begin to self-isolate if you show signs of any symptoms. Further information can be found online via the NHS 111 website.
If you or a family member are self-isolating as a result of coronavirus, please can you make a member of staff be known when booking a repair or when contractors are attending your home as we need to make a record of this information and arrange for the repair once the period of self-isolation is over.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact us.